The technicalities behind contracts and negotiations during major economic shifts can leave us all uncertain and stressed. However, simply understanding and finding positive outlets for negative emotions during times of uncertainty can relieve the anxiety that it brings. Today’s guests, Tyra Warner and Dr. Sherry Walling discuss the terms of contracts and negotiations during economic shifts and important tools to use to cope with the stress and emotionally taxing changes. Join Eric Rozenberg in part-two of this three-part conversation to hear how you can find a sense of levity and lightness in unpredictable crisis.
Tyra’s Bio: Tyra Warner (formerly Tyra Hilliard), PhD, Esq, CMP is an attorney and professor whose expertise is in legal and crisis preparedness issues for the meetings, events, and hospitality industries.
Tyra teaches hospitality and business courses at the College of Coastal Georgia. She is published and widely quoted on legal and crisis management issues in academic and trade publications.
Her 25+ year meetings industry career has included management roles in hotels, travel, destination marketing, associations, catering, law, and academia.
Sherry’s Bio: Dr. Sherry Walling helps smart people do hard things. She works with leaders and entrepreneurs to tackle the common and uncommon challenges that go along with the pursuit of an extraordinary life. As a clinical psychologist, speaker, yoga teacher, podcaster, entrepreneur, and best-selling author, she draws from her professional expertise as well as her personal experience. Her best-selling book, The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Shit Together, combines the insight and warmth of a therapist with the truth-telling mirth of someone who has been there.
When she’s not in the consulting room or hopping stages around the world; Sherry can be found on her paddleboard, swinging from the rafters pretending to be a circus performer, or ushering her three kiddos through an art museum in some fabulous city.
- Comparing and contrasting our current economic shifts to past downturns
- Tyra discusses the technicalities and influence of the Force Majeure Clause
- How we should approach business and relationships going forward during the economic crisis
- Sherri discusses the importance of self-care during times of uncertainty
- The importance of focusing on controllable factors during stressful times
- Practices that are easy to incorporate into daily routines that are proven to cognitively counterbalance fear and stress
- How crisis can be a reminder of the importance of play
Connect with Sherry:
Connect with Tyra:
Connect with Eric: